Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rock Out

Since the marathon is a little over 4 days away, I figured I should start looking things up (you know, where I have go to start, parking, what I should have received in the mail by now - mildly important things).  As one may guess, I did not find out anything important, but I did get distracted and excited by the "Bands 2011" page.  There are 61 bands and djs that are in some way associated with the marathon.  


http://www.pittsburghmarathon.com/Left_Nav/Neighborhoods__Entertainment/Bands_2011.htm 


Not gonna lie, I'm super stoked.  Lady Ag Ag, Semi-Super Villains, The Damaged Pies - could life get any better?  Okay, you might argue that it could get better if you could listen to these bands (which are sure to be fantastic) without running 26.2 miles.  


According to the website, headphones and music players are discouraged.  I'm seriously considering running without music, since there will be a lot of activity along the way.  I haven't decided yet, but it is tempting to carry as little as possible.


4 days, 4 hours and 58 minutes to go.  It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment